Please note the remaining audition dates for the 2014 shows at Civic Theatre of Allentown.
Monday, March 10, 2014 – 6:30 pm
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 – 6:30 pm – callbacks (if necessary)
CIVIC Theatre announces auditions for its May production of the Tony award-winning musical comedy URINETOWN. Featuring a large cast of dynamic and comedic singer/actors of all ages 15 and up, URINETOWN will play May 2 through May 18. Auditions will be held on Monday, March 10 at 6:30 PM in the Rehearsal Hall at Civic Theatre, 527 N. 19th St. People auditioning are asked to prepare (memorize) 32 bars of a Broadway style song that shows range. Please bring music in the key in which you wish to perform the song. In addition to a current photograph of yourself, you will need to list any conflicts you may have with rehearsal from March 17 through closing of the show May 18. An accompanist will be provided. Call backs if needed will be Wednesday, March 12.
- Bobby Strong – The dashing young everyman who works for Miss Pennywise as the Assistant Custodian at the poorest, filthiest urinal in town; the eventual protagonist and romantic hero who starts a revolution, and falls in love with Hope Cladwell along the way.
- Caldwell B. Cladwell – The evil president and owner of the Urine Good Company, a miserly moneygrubber who gleefully exploits the poor.
- Hope Cladwell – Cladwell’s ravishingly beautiful daughter, torn between her love for her father and her new love for Bobby. Having just returned from the Most Expensive University in the World, she eventually joins Bobby as part of the Revolution.
- Officer Lockstock – The principal narrator; a policeman in charge of finding guilty pee-ers.
- Little Sally – A precocious, thoroughly irreverent and very intelligent street urchin; the co-narrator who always outsmarts Lockstock, and constantly questions the play’s logic.
- Penelope Pennywise – The tough, jaded warden of the poorest, filthiest urinal in town. A shrewd, penny-scrounging cheapskate, Pennywise is a figure of authority and lives to maintain order at the public bathrooms, but harbors a surprising secret.
- Officer Barrel – Lockstock’s partner. He harbors a surprising secret.
- Mr McQueen – Cladwell’s assistant. A sneaky man who will do anything to save himself.
- Senator Fipp – A greedy, cowardly politician in Cladwell’s pocket.
- Joseph “Old Man” Strong – Bobby’s rebellious father, whose refusal to pay the fee causes him to be sent to Urinetown.
- Josephine “Ma” Strong – Bobby’s mother, a strong-willed old woman who is able to withstand the hard hand life has dealt her.
- Hot Blades Harry – A dangerous and unpredictable rebel.
- Little Becky Two-Shoes – A young, pregnant woman. Harry’s “Mate”.
- Soupy Sue – An affectionate member of the gang.
- Tiny Tom – A confused man-boy.
- Robby the Stockfish – A poor rebel.
- Billy Boy Bill – A poor rebel.
- Mrs Millenium – Office worker who aspires to be Cladwell’s Head Secretary.
- Dr. Billeaux – A scientist for Urine Good Company.
- THERE ARE ALSO ENSEMBLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Ragtime In Concert
Monday, May 12, 2014 – 6:30 pm