Civic Theatre of Allentown is seeking a Graphic Designer to work with the theatre’s management team to create promotional material and print ads. This is a part-time on-site position.
The following are the duties and responsibilities of the position:
• Create/update weekly movie newspaper ads and film slides
• Design advertising and marketing collateral including but not limited to production logos, print and digital ads, brochures, invitations, postcards, and save the date cards (print and Paperless Post), posters, and club cards
• Design a playbill template for mainstage productions and the playbill for the Civic Theatre School production
• Update website and social media through graphics creation/photo editing
• General marketing support including, but not limited to maintaining the graphic design and print schedule.
• Assist with hanging and delivery of Civic Theatre signage
• Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and the Marketing and Community Engagement Director
We are currently looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
• Two- or four-year degree in graphic design and 3-5 years of graphic design experience
• Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suites programs including a strong background in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff to create unique marketing solutions
• Ability to take direction and work independently in a deadline driven, fast-paced, creative environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Energetic and capable of being a brand ambassador for Civic Theatre of Allentown
• $15/hour for average 18-20 hours on-site per week
Civic Theatre of Allentown is a professionally staffed, year-round, non-profit theatre that aspires to enrich lives and build community through locally produced first class theatre, arthouse film, and innovative arts-infused education. Civic Theatre of Allentown is an equal opportunity employer. Interested parties should forward resume to Shirley Kline, Managing Director at email@example.com.
Civic Theatre of Allentown is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with 90 years of history in the Lehigh Valley. Civic professionally produces live theatre, is home to the longest running independent, foreign and arthouse cinema venue in the Lehigh Valley, and is also home to the Lehigh Valley’s premier Civic Theatre School. Civic Theatre of Allentown is an equal opportunity employer.